From the first day when we abolished State cars and cut ministers’ pay, political reform has been an important priority. So far, good progress has been made on:
- Abolishing corporate donations to political parties.
- Reinstating Freedom of Information legislation.
- Regulating lobbyists.
- Increasing the sitting time of the Dáil by 60%.
- Creating a Citizen’s Convention to propose reforms to the Constitution.
Big decisions lie ahead, which will be decided by you in referenda:
Recognising the rights of children in our Constitution – their right to protection, and due opportunity to adoption, and their right to be heard.
- Abolishing the Seanad.
- Creating new court structures: for family law and to cut delays.
It is vital that we rebuild public confidence by reforming politics.